During the course of this 12-week accelerator, participants learn in an immersive environment focused on financial planning, leadership, organizational strategies, digital marketing, sales, emerging technologies and human resources.
12 Week Curriculum
Business Accelerator Orientation
The orientation to the Owner-to-CEO Business Accelerator reviews key aspects of strategic development including a review of the foundation of your: vision/mission statement, business plan discussion and SWOT analysis. Over the length of the program there will be further discussion of objectives, including determining your customized corporate goals and initiating the Accelerator Strategic Action Plan.
Improve your individual performance, develop personal objectives/behaviors and assess the environment that you work in. Understanding your personal BOSI DNA is vital to shifting your role from owner to CEO. Nurturing an entrepreneurial mindset will allow you to focus on your employees by identifying ways to develop their abilities and uncovering the intrapreneurs amongst them.
While competitive advantage is fleeting, identify the methods that top organizations use to improve their teams, leaders and strategic processes. Examine your current business plan and organizational structure to ensure it best supports your business model.
Finance & Profit Mastery
Understanding your financials and addressing the scalability of your growth strategy. As the leader of your company, you need to understand more than the impact of your top and bottom line. Your profit and loss statement, balance sheet and cash flow all interact together. Learn to become a profit master. Topics include:
- Learning how to use financial statements to effect change and improve performance
- Budgeting as a key element of the process
- Strategizing cost and pricing
- Identifying patterns of cash flow
- Interpreting financial ratios
- Utilizing acquisitions as a path to growth
- Financing options
Organizational Process Improvement
- Understand the effect of operational improvement on profit and loss
- Spot signals for improvement opportunities
- Utilize the seven principles of process design
- Connect with 20+ tools for process improvement
- Map a key business process
- Trigger improvement ideas by answering key questions
We will utilize case studies to identify:
- Improvements and how to predict bottom-line impact within your own processes
- Methods to optimize your work environment to spur creativity and value creation
- Critical insights to help navigate weaknesses and increase strengths for continuous improvement
Digital Marketing & Analytics
Marketing is bringing the right product to the right customer at the right time through the correct channels. Your product must (1) have a well-defined advantage over the competition and (2) fulfill a compelling need for your targeted customer. Marketing strategy includes:
- Projecting future trends
- Purchasing motivators, and
- Positioning products to meet emerging needs
These strategies require continuous improvement. Develop relational marketing through social media and gain awareness of emerging platforms. Differentiate social media platforms and best practices to create engagement and impactful content for building your audience and brand.
If you do not understand how to sell, nothing else matters. Continuous networking, sales efforts and strong client relationships are what determines long-term success. This module covers tools to develop a sales pipeline and procedures for tracking leads. Discover secrets on how to act on those leads, techniques to opening and closing a sale and methods for delivering exemplary client care to generate repeat sales and customer retention.
- Set profit goals and use ten levers to grow your business profits
- Compare risk and timing for different growth methods – from current customers and quick wins to new aggregators, new markets and new products
- Practice predicting bottom-line results and choose your own business growth strategy
- Expand to new markets through government contracting and international opportunities
Understand your current culture and team. Slotting the right people for the right job is critically important for “second stage” businesses to scale. Identify critical issues related to the human resource functions including major traps that business owners fall into.
IT Systems are necessary to support daily operations and acceleration. We will discuss key concepts and implementations in relevant work areas including security, digital tools and digital workflow. We will help you gain the ability to identify business processes that can benefit from streamlining using digital innovations that can save money and grow your business.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
It is possible to make a difference and make money? Numerous studies in recent years have shown that consumers prefer to buy from companies that blend social purpose with corporate mission. Identify ten ways to transition to a socially conscious business that can bring a stronger community presence and increase profitability.
Present Accelerator Strategic Action Plan to mentors, program alum and business leaders for targeted feedback.
Additional Mentorship and Coaching
ID mentors will provide coaching customized to your business needs, covering legal, marketing, operations, finance and sales. Business mentors can schedule one-on-one sessions outside of program hours.
- Attend regularly
- Complete 24 learning sessions over 12 weeks
- Out-of-class assignments will be required
- Participate fully—leave your cell phone at the door
- Create an Accelerator Strategic Action Plan over the course of the program
- Complete an initial assessment and follow-up assessments
- You must be a C-level leader: small business owner or small business co-owner
- Business Criteria – 2+2+2:
- In operation for at least two years
- Revenues at least $200,000 in the most recent fiscal year
- A minimum of two employees. Owner(s) may be included in this count