Innovation DuPage was proud to sponsor Ladies Who Launch, a one-day conference for women in the pre-launch through startup (and just beyond) stages of entrepreneurship, hosted by SCORE of Fox Valley.
Walk away with a plan going forward
There were three engaging main sessions, and a topic-specific breakout session. Featured as a keynoter was North Central College’s own Karen Bartuch, a proud ID Partner and mentor. Check out her research team’s Ted Talk on “Funny Business: Humor in the Workplace.”
The other keynote was Rebecca Fyffe, who was named the 2018 National Small Business Person of the Year and who’s company Landmark Pest Control takes a gentler more natural approach to pest control.
Participants had the opportunity to learn how to launch, grow and build a business with:
- Useful tools and strategies that focused on women’s unique business challenges
- More empowerment to engage in entrepreneurship with renewed confidence
- Connections with other women as founders, funders or team members
- Business resources that focus on helping women-owned businesses
- Tips to become profitable, successful, and establish effective teams
- Ideas to refine a strategic approach to business and marketing
Take aways: It takes preparation to be empowered to engage and unite, put yourself first to succeed in business and life, and keep it real by coming together to conquer adversity and challenges through humor.
Participants worked to look inside themselves to walk away with a plan going forward. It was exciting to be challenged as the next generation of strong and fearless women entrepreneurs.
Innovation DuPage can help transform your idea into a viable commercial venture. Connect with us on Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or call 630-942-3340 to explore your next steps. If you are interested in connecting with entrepreneurs like you, check out our public events.